Ginger originated in ancient China then spread to Europe in the 1st century AD in Ancient Rome. This super-herb is one of the healthiest options along with garlic and onions. It’s loaded with nutrients like vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and antioxidants and provides lots of ginger benefits for men.
Do you have enough ginger in your daily diet? There are also many ways to add ginger to your daily diet including teas, stir-fries, and baked goods. These are some of the many ways you can consume more ginger from morning to evening. The main ingredient in ginger snaps and gingerbread also has a slightly spicy flavor that adds a wow factor to your foods and beverages.
When we think of superfoods we tend to focus on ones like apples, spinach, and quinoa. However, it’s important to not overlook super-healthy herbs and spices. They’re not only low-calorie/carb but also can provide many health benefits. For example, ginger can deliver health benefits like better digestion, lower blood sugar levels, and improved heart health. These are just some of the many ginger benefits you can get. It’s all about knowing how ginger can provide perks related to men’s health, for example.
What Is Ginger All About?
Today we can easily find many forms of ginger in supermarkets and markets. However, 5,000 years ago the food in ancient China the super-herb was considered to be a luxury food. It was used in China and India both as food and medicine. This included an herbal tonic for treating everyday health conditions.
Experts believe ginger was first grown in Asia. However, by the 1st century AD, it made its way to Ancient Rome through trade with India. The herb was then grown throughout the Mediterranean region.
Ginger was a popular spice in Italy but became less popular after the fall of the Roman Empire in the 470s AD.
Ginger continued to be a popular herb throughout the world and is still used today in a wide range of foods/beverages. They include ginger tea, gingerbread, and ginger candy. One of the most interesting features of the herb is its slightly spicy flavor.
Ginger is believed to provide several health benefits. Many studies have been done about the possible benefits of consuming the ancient superfood. They include many uses like digestion aid, high cholesterol, and anti-cancer. As always it’s important to take a closer look at the macro/micronutrients and the many claims made about the famous spice.
Here’s what you get from 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger:
- CALORIES: 5
- CARBS: 1g
- PROTEIN: 0.1g
- FAT: 0.1g
There are also small amounts of vitamins/minerals including Vitamin Bs/C, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. These all add nutritional value to the food.
Top 12 Ginger Benefits for Men
Many ginger consumers can effectively treat cold/flu. However, more research is needed about this use of the super-herb. Some studies show that it might help to fight respiratory viruses.
2. Erectile dysfunction
Studies show that a plant in the ginger family might help to treat erectile dysfunction effectively. Also, it’s believed ginger juice is a natural aphrodisiac that can boost sex drive.
3. Heart health
Heart disease is the top cause of death worldwide. There’s some proof that the natural herb might help to treat heart disease.
4. Prostate health
Ginger can block a certain enzyme that can lead to prostate cancer. Studies show ginger might shrink cancer tumors in the prostate.
5. Pain relief
Some studies show that ginger might help to reduce pain. For example, one study showed that ginger reduced post-workout sore muscles by around one-quarter.
6. Anti-colon cancer
A new study shows that eating some daily ginger could help to reduce colon inflammation and the risk of colon cancer. Those who took ginger supplements had about a 30% drop in colon inflammation.
7. Blood sugar levels
The herb might help to reduce blood sugar levels. High blood sugar can cause various health issues like blood sugar spikes, type-2 diabetes, and heart disease.
8. High cholesterol
Some studies show that natural herbs can reduce total/bad cholesterol levels. This can help to improve overall heart health. Recent studies show the importance of lowering bad cholesterol.
You can improve digestion with ginger. It’s often used as a tonic for treating various health conditions like indigestion. Studies show that it helps to improve the intestinal tract.
Several studies show that ginger food/supplements might help to reduce arthritis-linked inflammation However, it’s unclear if it can provide this benefit for arthritis patients.
This is a substance that’s believed to provide various health benefits. It allows fresh, powdered, dried, and oil varieties to help with various health problems.
12. Brain function
There’s some evidence that ginger root might help to boost brain function and fight off Alzheimer’s disease. This is due to the chemical compounds and antioxidants found in the superfood.
Top Ways to Enjoy The Benefits Of Ginger More
- Ramen: If you’re a fan of ramen noodles then spice them up with some scallions and ginger. You can also add other ingredients like meat, fish, and veggies to spice up your noodle soup.
- Muffins: This might sound like a weird option at first. That said, the herb can be combined with other ingredients like coconut and squash for the perfect combination. The herb adds some extra spice to the mini muffins. Make sure to make a big batch since they’ll vanish like magic.
- Gingerbread: This oldie-but-goodie option can include basic gingerbread or even some extra ingredients like apple and cream.
- Salad dressing: While vegetable salad is already healthy you can take it to the next level with the right dressing. This includes options like ginger dressing. You can also combine the herb with other ingredients like carrots for more taste, texture, and nutrition. Since you’re adding an herb you have a wide range of options for Salad 2.0.
- Syrup: Ginger syrup is the perfect option for topping fresh fruit. You’ll get just the right spiciness from the herb, which can be combined with other options like dairy to help balance the heat. Besides topping fruit you can also use the syrup for pancakes, which can also include fresh fruit.
- Soup: Whether you make a meat or vegan variety there are lots of options including butternut squash. You can make a basic yet tasty soup that can be used as an appetizer or even a hearty main dish.
- Chicken dish: If you’re a fan of spicy chicken you should consider adding some of the super-herb to your poultry dishes. This includes a wide range of options including chicken curry and others. It adds the right amount of spice to experience ginger benefits for men.